04/10/2014 12:32:00 PMThe former general manager of the Adams Produce Inc. distribution center must serve seven months in federal prison for his role in a scheme to defraud the government by overcharging for fresh produce for schools and the military. ... Full story
04/10/2014 4:27:00 PMWilliam Watson plans to step down as executive director of the National Mango Board. ... Full story
04/09/2014 1:45:00 PMCORRECTED: U.S. Customs and Border Protection soon may issue a proposed rule on a new cargo security program for exports that could create headaches for agricultural exporters. ... Full story
10/28/2010 7:38:56 PMAn Illinois division of Houston-based Sysco Corp. likely distributed the food linked to a salmonella outbreak at Subway restaurants earlier this year, and produce was the likely culprit.
... Full story
09/19/2013 10:09:00 AMSobeys Inc. is on a mission to inspire and empower Canadians to eat healthier, with fresh produce at the heart of programs including revamped product assortments and a partnership with a celebrity chef. ... Full story
04/08/2014 11:33:00 AMThe phaseout of the fumigant methyl bromide may position irradiation as an emerging phytosanitary option for U.S. fresh produce exporters. ... Full story
04/07/2014 11:16:00 AM“Oh my! Is this bok choy?” the cashier asked, examining the vegetable closely.
“I believe it is baby bok choy,” I answered.
She spun the little price look-up wheel on the checkstand. “Well, all I’ve got here is bok choy. That’s okay, isn’t it?” She rang it up without waiting a reply. ... Full story
04/15/2014 5:28:00 PMBoth sides are claiming victory in the latest chapter of the legal saga of one Vidalia onion grower’s fight against the Georgia agriculture commissioner’s new, later start date for shipping the trademarked onions. ... Full story
01/02/2014 3:18:00 PMCentral American Produce Inc., Pompano Beach, Fla., has received its fist shipment of Guatemalan butternut squash. ... Full story
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Bland Farms begins packing Vidalia onions
- Vidalia onion grower, state official both claim victory in court
- From the show floor: CPMA 2014 expo booths No. 1
- Judge says new Vidalia onion start rule invalid
- From the show floor: CPMA 2014 expo booths No. 3
- Fourth prison term ordered in Adams Produce fraud
- UPDATED: Watson stepping down from National Mango Board
- CORRECTED: Export security program could trip exporters
- Sysco the distributor, not the source, in Subway outbreak
- Sobeys updates produce aisles, partners with celebrity chef
- Irradiation may be future option for exports