Watermelon takes ice bucket challenge
08/21/2014 9:47:43 AMWatermelon has taken the plunge, getting drenched in the national ALS ice bucket challenge. Spread throughout... Watch Video.
Videos chronicle PEI potato industry leaders
08/21/2014 9:23:01 AMThe Prince Edward Island potato industry has recorded its history for posterity sake and to share... Watch Video.
Baloian promoting local squash through Michigan partnership
08/21/2014 8:37:08 AMBaloian Farms plans to expand its portfolio of local squash through a partnership with a Michigan... Read more.
UPDATED: Mushroom sales, volumes up
08/20/2014 3:56:48 PMSales and volumes of U.S.-grown mushrooms both increased in the 2013-14 season. About 900 million pounds... Read more.
NW cherry industry eyes record year
08/19/2014 4:42:53 PMThe Northwest cherry industry has record volumes in its sights. As of Aug. 18, shippers were on pace... Watch Video.
California melon quality high, but markets sluggish
08/19/2014 4:39:16 PMMelon growers in California report outstanding quality but surprisingly tepid demand for some varieties. Turlock Fruit... Watch Video.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Cilantro implicated again in cyclospora outbreak
- Mastronardi’s Eco Flavor Bowl Impact Awards finalist
- Dole expands distribution of Salad Companions, organic blends
- New plant brings Baker Farms into fresh-cut leafy greens
- Trial date set in Chiquita clean water suit
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Huron lettuce growers mull fall water supply
- Guess who’s not hating on GMOs — you’ll be surprised