The new variety is slightly bigger and has a little thicker rind than traditional grapefruit, Gmitter said. It is also easier to peel. It will be released through a licensing program to nurseries in early 2013. Gmitter said it could be in commercial production and on grocery store shelves in as little as five years.
New grapefruit hybrid could resolve medication issues
12/26/2012 01:48:00 PM
- Health interest helps spur citrus growth, grapefruit lags
- Florida grapefruit rebounding from lackluster 2012-13 season
- Oranges make their play in Texas citrus business
- Florida orange estimates drop to post-freeze level
- Sweeter grapefruit, fewer navels, smaller tangerines hit market
- Second Texas citrus greening quarantine enacted
- Key questions for a prospective produce salesman
- Is labor availability hurting U.S. produce output?
- commercial food preparation equipment SALAD VEGETABLE cutting machines Razorfish
- Industrial Food Cutting Processing equipment garlic peeling machine Razorfish
- contracts for the processing industry