Royal Rose LLC of Salinas, Calif., plans a series of February promotions on the theme “J’Adore Radicchio” — French for “I adore radicchio.”
It starts with a monthlong Facebook contest, Royal Rose spokeswoman Marci Bracco said. Contestants will post photos of their favorite heart-healthy radicchio recipe on Facebook. Each recipe and a 100-word essay on why “J’Adore Radicchio” should be e-mailed to Bracco at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winner, to be announced in March, will get a $100 Visa giftcard and a case of radicchio. Their recipe will be promoted on the Royal Rose website.
February is American Heart Month. Four Monterey County, Calif., restaurants are scheduled to partner with Royal Rose to raise funds for the American Heart Association. Each restaurant will donate $1 for every radicchio meal ordered.
The restaurants are:
- Feb. 1-7, Bistro Moulin at 867 Wave St. in Monterey ;
- Feb. 8-14, Rio Grill at 101 Crossroads in Carmel; Montrio Bistro at 414 Calle Principal in Monterey;
- Tarpy’s Roadhouse at 2999 Salinas Highway 1 in Monterey;
- Feb. 15-21, Mundaka at San Carlos Street in Carmel; and
- Feb. 22-28, Fandango at 223 17th Street in Pacific Grove.