Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack appointed 12 members to the National Watermelon Promotion Board on Feb. 17.
Six producer and six handler members were chosen for the Plant City, Fla.-based board, according to a news release from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Two producer members were reappointed:
• Keith Hall (district two), owner, Hall Farms, Ryan, Okla.
• Robert Rawlins (district three), owner, Rawlins Farm, Rebecca, Ga.
The four new producer members are:
• Hank Floyd (district two), owner, H&L Farms LLC, Malone, Fla.
• Ricky Tucker (district three), owner, Tucker Farms, Enigma, Ga.
• Gene Guerra (district six), owner, Gene Guerra Co. Inc., Elsa, Texas
• Dana Cornell Strong (district six), vice president of operations, Palmer Farm & Ranch Inc., Waller, Texas
The six new handler members are:
• Brent Jackson (district two), president, Jackson’s Farming Co. of Autryville, Autryville, N.C.
• Tony Moore (district two), president, Moore’s Produce Inc., Turkey, N.C.
• Angela O’Neal-Chappell (district three), business development manager, Coosaw Farms, Fairfax, S.C.
• Leslie Ann Bloebaum (district three), vice president, Delta Fresh Sales Inc., Tifton, Ga.
• Ward Thomas (district six), owner, Majestic Produce Sales, McAllen, Texas
• Tony Anderson (district six), owner, Texas Melon Exchange, Edinburg, Texas
The new board members will serve three-year terms ending Dec. 31, 2012.