Under the Food Safety Modernization act, the FDA requires food facilities to renew their registration every two years. Registration renewals with the FDA must be done before December 31, 2012, according to a news release.
Amy Barringer, director of the Division of Field Programs and Guidance and FDA Office of Compliance, and David Gombas, senior vice president of food safety and technology for the United Fresh Produce Association, will address questions about registration.
Questions that will be addressed by the Nov. 19 seminar include:
- Who is required to register or renew their registration?
- What changes have been made to the registration process?
- Which companies are exempt from registration?
- How do companies renew their registration and what information is required?
- When do registration updates need to be submitted?
Registration for the seminar is open to all interested parties, according to the release.