Courtesy New York Apple AssociationThe display in Ft. Leonard Wood, Ft. Leonard, Mo., featured a nearly life-sized taxi. The New York Apple Association selected winners for its commissary display contest featuring New York apples and Marzetti products.
The contest, a partnership with the apple association, Marzetti and the Defense Commissary Agency, was open to all commissaries in the agency’s Eastern division and ran during the month of February with positive results, according to a news release.
“Military families shopping at participating commissaries took home an average of almost 17% more delicious, nutritious New York state apples and apple products, demonstrating the value of our produce managers’ eye-catching displays,” Bridget Bennett, the agency’s director of produce operations, said in the release.
Winners received all-inclusive access to the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit Convention in October.
Six commissaries and their produce managers were selected from 69 entrants:
- Thomasina Walker at Harrison Village, Indianapolis;
- Rhonda Mitchell at Gunter Air Force Base, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, Ala.;
- Marisol Henessey at Maxwell Air Force Base, Montgomery, Ala.;
- Yolanda Larson at Hurlburt Field, Hurlburt Field, Fla.;
- Dominic Cirinione at Ft. Leonard Wood, Ft. Leonard, Mo.; and
- Roberto Ramos at Jacksonville Naval Air Station, Jacksonville, Fla.