Courtesy United FreshJohn Toner, vice president of convention and industry relations for United Fresh, congratulates the 2012 Best New Product award recipients. United Fresh 2012 attendees voted to select the winners of this year’s new product awards.
More than 25 finalists were on display at the trade show before voting took place, according to a news release.
Winners are divided into five categories:
- Naturipe EarthCycle Packaging for Organic Berries, from Naturipe LLC, Best New Packaging Product;
- FlashCheck Real-time Bacterial Enzyme Detection Kit, from DeltaTrak, Inc., Best New Food Safety Solution;
- Bosch Pack 301 IN Inverted Horizontal Flow Wrapper, from Bosch Packaging Technology, Inc., Best New Packing/Processing Equipment;
- Fresh Fruit Parfaits, from Ready Pac Foods, Best New Fruit Product; and
- Delano, from Mastronardi Produce, Best New Vegetable Product.
“These winning innovations are the forerunners in the effort to bring new approaches, ideas and processes to the fresh fruit and vegetable industry,” John Toner, United Fresh’s vice president of convention and industry relations, said in the release.