The Grower-Shipper Association Foundation has accepted 26 members to the annual Ag Knowledge leadership program in Salinas, Calif.
Drawn from diverse fields, they’ll participate in a 10-month program on the heritage of Monterey County, Calif., agriculture and its interdependencies with local government and the community.
Courses focus on issues including food safety, labor and immigration, technology, marketing, conservation and water, according to a news release. Once a month, members attend forums visit farms and processing facilities and meet industry leaders.
The program can be followed on Twitter.
Ag Knowledge Class V members are:
- Claudia Villalobos, sales specialist, D’Arrigo Bros. Co.;
- Danny Neumann, sales coordinator, Driscoll’s;
- Austin Migotti, sales, Coastline Produce;
- Diana Biddle, chief compliance officer, NH3 Service Co.;
- Michael Heisinger, ranch accounting manager, Queen Victoria Farms;
- Emily Lyons, marketing manager, Royal Rose LLC;
- Lindsay Coate, marketing director, Ag Against Hunger;
- Maia Carroll, public information officer for Monterey County;
- Katy Cava, tax manager, Hayashi & Wayland;
- Tracey Dattilo, commercial insurance manager, Winn & Co. Insurance;
- Yazdan Emrani, public works director of Monterey County;
- Sharon Gavin, community outreach coordinator, Transportation Agency of Monterey County;
- Graham Hunting, agriculture inspector and biologist for Monterey County;
- Christine Kemp, attorney, Noland, Hamerly, Etienne & Hoss;
- Tobi Marcus, resource development director for the Community Foundation for Monterey County;
- Fred Martinez, customer service manager, Zenith Insurance;
- Barb McGaughey, chief executive officer, Central Coast YMCA;
- Reyna Navarrete, board aide to Monterey County supervisor Simon Salinas;
- David Olsen, senior risk manager, Leavitt Central Coast Insurance Services;
- Sara Rubin, staff writer, Monterey County Weekly;
- Nancy Selfridge, city councilwoman, Monterey;
- Richard Stedman, air pollution control officer for the Monterey Bay Unified Air Pollution Control District;
- Ana Toledo, attorney, Ottone, Leach, Olsen & Ray LLP;
- Stephen Vagnini, Monterey County assessor and clerk recorder;
- Tamara Voss, hydrologist for the Monterey County Water Resources Agency; and
- Maureen Wruck, managing member, Wruck Planning Consultants.