(Dec. 5) Hannaford Bros. Co., a Scarborough, Maine-based chain of 167 supermarkets, is asking for voluntary resignations at its corporate headquarters, the Charlotte Business Journal reported. Hannaford, a division of Delhaize America Inc., Salisbury, N.C., which also operates the Salisbury-based Food Lion LLC chain, employs 750 people at its headquarters. The resignations will not affect Food Lion operations, a Hannaford Bros. spokesman said, adding that cuts are being made to reduce costs and improve competitiveness.
Hannaford Bros. seeks voluntary resignations
12/05/2008 12:00:00 AM
- Fourth prison term ordered in Adams Produce fraud
- UPDATED: Watson stepping down from National Mango Board
- Sysco the distributor, not the source, in Subway outbreak
- CORRECTED: Export security program could trip exporters
- Vidalia onion grower, state official both claim victory in court
- Test checkers' produce I.D.