(Dec. 5) Hannaford Bros. Co., a Scarborough, Maine-based chain of 167 supermarkets, is asking for voluntary resignations at its corporate headquarters, the Charlotte Business Journal reported. Hannaford, a division of Delhaize America Inc., Salisbury, N.C., which also operates the Salisbury-based Food Lion LLC chain, employs 750 people at its headquarters. The resignations will not affect Food Lion operations, a Hannaford Bros. spokesman said, adding that cuts are being made to reduce costs and improve competitiveness.
Hannaford Bros. seeks voluntary resignations
12/05/2008 12:00:00 AM
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- UPDATED: California crop losses could surpass $800 million
- Applebee’s changes suppliers in wake of E. coli outbreak
- USDA triples emergency water assistance to California
- Round of promotions at D’Arrigo Bros.