Cynthia DavidRick Philipp of Denboer Farm displays the company’s carrots at the Ontario Food Terminal. Philipp says a supply shortage last winter meant brisker sales. That’s not the case this year, wholesalers say, since mild winter weather has resulted in an oversupply of produce.TORONTO — Wholesalers blame unseasonably good weather and a lack of natural disasters for low prices and an oversupply of fresh produce in Toronto.
Low prices, oversupply hound Toronto wholesalers
02/17/2012 11:03:00 AM
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration
- Rene Produce named Mexico’s exporter of the year
- Main Street America is wrong on Chinese apple imports