Cynthia DavidRick Philipp of Denboer Farm displays the company’s carrots at the Ontario Food Terminal. Philipp says a supply shortage last winter meant brisker sales. That’s not the case this year, wholesalers say, since mild winter weather has resulted in an oversupply of produce.TORONTO — Wholesalers blame unseasonably good weather and a lack of natural disasters for low prices and an oversupply of fresh produce in Toronto.
Low prices, oversupply hound Toronto wholesalers
02/17/2012 11:03:00 AM
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- USDA clarifies use of ‘organic’ in brand, company names
- The decline and fall of the local food movement (at USDA)?
- USDA proposes additional South Africa citrus access
- Organic equivalency talks underway with Mexico