BALTIMORE/WASHINGTON D.C. KNOW YOUR MARKET
Area companies work on green initiatives
08/05/2010 11:14:12 AMAt the Maryland Wholesale Produce Center, Jessup, recycling and composting are new initiatives. Jessup-based Lancaster Foods... Read more.
Area remains a stronghold for foodservice business
08/05/2010 11:09:02 AMThrough good economic times or bad, the Baltimore-Washington, D.C., corridor remains a stronghold for the... Read more.
Locally grown offers opportunity but also conundrum
08/05/2010 11:05:05 AMProduce buyers and sellers agree: There’s nothing as good as homegrown fruits and vegetables. What seems... Read more.
Coosmans offers line of specialty ingredients
08/05/2010 10:58:46 AMJessup, Md.-based Coosemans D.C. Inc. will serve as jumping-off point for Lucinda’s Flavor Station, a... Read more.
Maryland market fires up composting program
08/05/2010 10:52:28 AMThe Jessup-based Maryland Wholesale Produce Market has restarted a composting program that had been inactive... Read more.
- New melon varieties boast sweetness, firm flesh
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- UPDATED: Sun World names new CEO, details strategy
- Organically Grown joins fair trade group
- Chiquita’s moving costs could top $40 million; new board in place
- Tomato growers launch Handy Candy grape tomatoes