HEARTLAND KNOW YOUR MARKET
Capital City Fruit to move in 2012
09/09/2011 2:25:00 PMNORWALK, Iowa — Capital City Fruit hopes to break ground in late September on a new facility,... Read more.
Loffredo launches fresh-cut line
09/09/2011 2:25:00 PMDES MOINES, Iowa — Loffredo Fresh Produce Co. has introduced a fresh-cut line and inked a deal... Read more.
Lower fuel prices lessen burdens of shipping
09/21/2009 12:42:20 PMKANSAS CITY, Mo. — Last summer, fuel prices peaked at more than $4 per gallon, and the cost of a gallon... Read more.
Powell produce garden features more than 2,000 plants
09/21/2009 12:19:39 PMKINGSVILLE, Mo. — Eric Tschanz stands in the middle of the five-acre fruit and vegetable garden, near... Read more.
Produce in the Heartland weathers economy just fine
09/18/2009 2:36:12 PMKANSAS CITY, Kan. — The last year certainly hasn’t seen the type of economic climate whereby companies... Read more.
New downtown Kansas City grocery store flourishing
09/18/2009 2:27:51 PMKANSAS CITY, Mo. — A year ago, the Cosentino’s Downtown Market, the first full-size grocery store... Read more.
- New melon varieties boast sweetness, firm flesh
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- UPDATED: Sun World names new CEO, details strategy
- Organically Grown joins fair trade group
- Chiquita’s moving costs could top $40 million; new board in place
- Tomato growers launch Handy Candy grape tomatoes