Doug OhlemeierFruit carts and fruit stands remain popular on busy Manhattan streets, such as this one in Chinatown. Matthew D’Arrigo, vice president of D’Arrigo Bros. Co. of New York Inc., says wholesalers on the Hunts Point Terminal Market like the way the pushcart vendors merchandise their produce through their prominent displays on the sidewalks all over town.NEW YORK — Produce distributors on the Hunts Point Terminal Market and suburban-based retailers sell produce to a wide range of customers.
Distributors call New York retailers vibrant
02/24/2012 11:37:00 AM
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration
- Local and organic meant little to these consumers
- Rene Produce named Mexico’s exporter of the year