Doug OhlemeierTony Buff, owner of Tony Buff Wholesale, shows off peppers at Coosemans New York Inc. in the Hunts Point Terminal Market. Buff says foodservice sales remain very quiet. He says distributors have endured a rough winter and a rough economy. NEW YORK — In a city so dependent on its tourist visitors, business visits and people dining out, slower foodservice sales stress distributors.
Restaurant sales remain tough amid tight budgets
02/24/2012 11:17:00 AM
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration
- Rene Produce named Mexico’s exporter of the year
- Main Street America is wrong on Chinese apple imports