Doug OhlemeierTony Buff, owner of Tony Buff Wholesale, shows off peppers at Coosemans New York Inc. in the Hunts Point Terminal Market. Buff says foodservice sales remain very quiet. He says distributors have endured a rough winter and a rough economy. NEW YORK — In a city so dependent on its tourist visitors, business visits and people dining out, slower foodservice sales stress distributors.
Restaurant sales remain tough amid tight budgets
02/24/2012 11:17:00 AM
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- Mexico signs food safety statement with U.S.
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- Sage Fruit, Spider-Man join forces
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- Organic industry raising money to fight citrus greening