“When I put ‘product of Ontario’ on the shelf, it moves, even if it doesn’t look as good as the U.S. product,” said Tony Di Marco, founder of the Harvest Wagon, one of Toronto’s oldest upscale retailers.
Strong locally grown pull bolsters area produce scene
02/17/2012 10:49:00 AM
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration
- Local and organic meant little to these consumers
- Rene Produce named Mexico’s exporter of the year