(Feb. 2, 10:11 a.m.) A positive test for Listeria monocytogenes on finished product has prompted Phillips Mushroom Farms to recall its enoki variety of mushrooms.
The Kennett Square, Pa.-based company said the mushrooms were distributed in the U.S. and Canada in both retail and foodservice channels and were sold Jan. 13-30.
The following labels and Universal Product Codes were included in the recall:
- PMF 3.5 green bag with UPC 33383 67540;
- Phillips Enoki 3.5 oz. blue bag UPC 33383 67540;
- Phillips Enoki 1-pound bulk bag (foodservice pack.)
- Phillips Enoki UPC 33383 67541;
- Organic Phillips Enoki UPC 21706 67363;
- Publix Enoki UPC 41415 03186;
- Giorgio Enoki UPC 33383 67541;
- Moonlight Mushroom Enoki UPC 33383 67540;
- Pennsylvania Dutchman Enoki UPC 33383 67451;
- Fresh Obsession UPC 69200 00916;
- Country Fresh Enoki UPC 33383 67541;
- Monterey Gourmet Enoki UPC 37102 67820;
- Elite Enoki UPC 34635 41866.
The company has ceased distribution of the product and is continuing to investigate the source of the potential contamination.
“We are naturally concerned with continuing to ensure the satisfaction and safety of our consumers,” Angelucci said, in a news release. “Our actions are intended to remove all potentially harmful products and eliminate any associated risks.”
Questions can be directed to Phillips Mushroom Farms at (800) 722-8818. The recall notice also is available at www.phillipsmushroomfarms.com