For more details on the upcoming shor, see our pre-show coverage.
In April, United Fresh Produce Association unveiled its slate of incoming officers and board members.
In addition to the group’s new chairman Ron Carkoski, who is president and CEO of Four Seasons Family of Cos., Ephrata, Pa., other officers and board members seated in April included United board’s chairman-elect, Brian Kocher, senior vice president of Chiquita Brands International Inc., Charlotte. N.C.
Lorri Koster, CEO of Mann Packing Co., will continue to serve in the post of board secretary-treasurer.
Board members for two-year terms that began in April:
- Mark Campion, president of Taylor Farms Retail Inc., Gonzales, Calif.;
- Rudi Groppe, president and CEO of Heinzen Manufacturing International, Gilroy, Calif.;
- Steve Jarzombek, vice president produce procurement and merchandising at Roundy’s Supermarket, Milwaukee, Wis.;
- Carissa Mace, president of the Fresh Produce & Floral Council, La Mirada, Calif.:
- Paul Mastronardi, president and CEO of Mastronardi Produce Ltd., Kingsville, Ontario;
- Bob Meek, CEO of Wada Farms Marketing Group, Idaho Falls, Idaho;
- Mike Orf, assistant vice president for produce operations for Hy-Vee Inc., West Des Moines, Iowa;
- Susan Reimer-Sifford, director of produce purchasing and distribution for Darden Restaurants, Orlando, Fla.; and
- Mario Steta, group vice president and general manager for central Mexico at Driscoll Strawberry Associates, Watsonville, Calif.