Industry scrutinizes FDA proposals
01/18/2013 11:10:08 AMThe Food Safety Modernization Act took another step toward implementation in early January when the... Read more.
Growers support global harmonized standards
01/18/2013 11:04:42 AMJust as the U.S. Department of Agriculture is moving to harmonize organic standards with global trading... Read more.
Deadline passes, but companies still working on PTI
01/18/2013 10:59:57 AMThe Produce Traceability Initiative is now five years old. The deadline for meeting seventh and final... Read more.
Redundant audits debated
01/18/2013 10:57:16 AM“Redundancy” is a four-letter word in the produce industry, where food safety audits are concerned. A... Read more.
Industry debates requirements under FSMA for small operators
01/18/2013 10:48:04 AMThe Tester amendment to the Food Safety Modernization Act exempts small-scale operations from the law’s... Read more.
Mushroom growers focus on safety
01/18/2013 10:16:18 AMFresh mushrooms have never been implicated in any outbreaks of foodborne illness, says Laura Phelps,... Read more.
- Fourth prison term ordered in Adams Produce fraud
- UPDATED: Watson stepping down from National Mango Board
- Mango deal begins with light volume
- CORRECTED: Export security program could trip exporters
- Sysco the distributor, not the source, in Subway outbreak
- Irradiation may be future option for exports