FSMA rules open for comment
04/01/2013 4:26:31 PMThe produce industry is submitting comments to the Food and Drug Administration about Food Safety... Read more.
Produce industry works to guide safety legislation
04/01/2013 4:19:53 PMProduce food safety remains a work in progress as the industry seeks to influence writing of the Food... Read more.
Growers support global harmonized standards
01/18/2013 11:04:42 AMJust as the U.S. Department of Agriculture is moving to harmonize organic standards with global trading... Read more.
Deadline passes, but companies still working on PTI
01/18/2013 10:59:57 AMThe Produce Traceability Initiative is now five years old. The deadline for meeting seventh and final... Read more.
Redundant audits debated
01/18/2013 10:57:16 AM“Redundancy” is a four-letter word in the produce industry, where food safety audits are concerned. A... Read more.
Industry debates requirements under FSMA for small operators
01/18/2013 10:48:04 AMThe Tester amendment to the Food Safety Modernization Act exempts small-scale operations from the law’s... Read more.
- Ag labor not part of Obama's immigration plan
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Wiggle room needed on sourcing GMO fruits and vegetables
- Thanksgiving Twitter party for Produce Mom
- Produce execution plagues Wal-Mart