SEEDS OF CHANGE
Syngenta turns to Salinas for lettuce germplasm
05/09/2014 12:12:12 PMSyngenta has acquired a lettuce germplasm from Salinas, Calif.-based Eagle Research and Development Inc. The purchase... Read more.
Rijk Zwaan USA banks on Salanova lettuce
05/09/2014 12:08:27 PMRijk Zwaan USA Inc. continues to develop the Salanova lettuce seed line brought to market through... Read more.
Developing new corn variety could take a decade
05/08/2013 4:59:35 PMDeveloping a sweet corn variety from scratch could take up to a decade. Seminis Vegetable Seeds Inc.,... Read more.
Sakata celebrates milestone with new varieties
05/08/2013 4:39:25 PMSakata Seed Corp. is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year, and the Japan-based company was... Read more.
Seed developers strive for sweet corn, lettuce advances
03/22/2012 1:09:23 PMSweet corn and lettuce have gained attention from seed developers, resulting in recently released varieties. “Tomatoes,... Read more.
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration
- Rene Produce named Mexico’s exporter of the year
- Main Street America is wrong on Chinese apple imports