SWEET POTATO MARKETING
Sweet potato growers bet on a sure cure
08/26/2011 3:01:20 PMSweet potato growers like to be able to ship cured product year-round, and this year, it looks like... Read more.
Sweet potato bags gain attention, sales
08/26/2011 2:59:28 PMShippers say consumers like the convenience of picking up bagged sweet potatoes, and the 3-pound bag... Read more.
Restaurants lean on sweet potatoes for more menu flair
08/26/2011 2:57:24 PMSweet potatoes can now be found in beachside food shacks as well as steakhouses, but growth in sales... Read more.
Sweet potato sales continue to flourish
08/26/2011 2:50:47 PMIn the U.S., per capita usage of sweet potatoes has grown steadily for the past six years, and grower-shippers... Read more.
British lead growing European demand for U.S. sweet potatoes
03/08/2011 12:25:41 PMTo find growth markets for sweet potatoes, some U.S. shippers are looking across the Atlantic. “I’ve... Read more.
Processing plant could help sweet potatoes' fresh side, marketers say
03/08/2011 12:22:51 PMProduction started in September at the new ConAgra Foods Inc. Lamb Weston frozen sweet potato processing... Read more.
Restaurant downturn affected sweet potatoes, marketing agents say
03/08/2011 12:19:01 PMSweet potato sales in the foodservice sector took a hit from the recession, just as other items did,... Read more.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Cilantro implicated again in cyclospora outbreak
- Dole expands distribution of Salad Companions, organic blends
- New plant brings Baker Farms into fresh-cut leafy greens
- Mastronardi’s Eco Flavor Bowl Impact Awards finalist
- Trial date set in Chiquita clean water suit
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- California program provides retail produce boost
- Guess who’s not hating on GMOs — you’ll be surprised