SPECIAL REPORT: YEAR IN PRODUCE
#6 story of 2009: Wal-Mart raises questions with prices, perishables management
01/04/2010 12:16:05 PMLeadership changes at Bentonville, Ark.-based Wal-Mart and the company’s efforts to expand its fresh produce... Read more.
#7 story of 2009: Locally grown food movement expands
01/04/2010 11:58:22 AMWhile the locally grown fresh produce craze took root in 2007, it took off in earnest in 2008 (ranking... Read more.
#8 story of 2009: PBH dumps talk of national promotion board
01/04/2010 11:48:30 AMAs is the case so many times, some of the produce industry’s top stories for the year are more about... Read more.
#9 story of 2009: California growers face fallout of water restrictions, drought
01/04/2010 11:38:36 AMWater shortages causing concern for the fresh produce industry seems like a perennial issue, and,... Read more.
#10 story of 2009: No-match revoked, but ICE ups audits of employer records
01/04/2010 10:54:02 AMWhile labor in the fresh produce industry remained plentiful in 2009 and the labor issue didn’t crack... Read more.
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- Texas shipper indicted for fraud, money laundering
- UPDATED: Mexico signs food safety statement with U.S.
- Scotlynn launches tray pack line for corn
- Mucci Farms, top execs face criminal charges for COOL
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case