- Mike Wade, general manager of Wenatchee, Wash.-based Columbia Fruit Packers Inc., takes The Packer’s Apple Man for All Seasons award.
- Six years after joining the Hass Avocado Board
- as its first managing director of information technology, Jose Luis Obregon, the board’s executive director,
- announces plans to leave the Irvine, Calif.-based board in late October.
- Fred Webber is named to succeed Stephen Whitney as chief executive officer and president of Ottawa-based Fruit and Vegetable Dispute Resolution Corp. as of Jan. 1.
- Sales veteran Rick Eastes joins Seald Sweet International, which opens a West Coast operation.
- Reggie Griffin, corporate vice president of produce and floral merchandising and procurement for the Cincinnati-based Kroger Co., and chairman of the Washington, D.C.-based United Fresh Produce Association, announces plans to retire in late October.
- October Jan DeLyser, vice president of marketing for the California Avocado Commission, accepts The Packer’s Produce Marketer of the Year award on Oct. 16 at the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit 2011.
- Pandol Bros. chief executive officer David Dever announces he’s leaving to succeed Al Vangelos at Sun World International LLC.
- David Beecher is named by Bland Farms to succeed Michael Hively as director of operations.
- The first chief executive officer of United Potato Growers of America returned to the job Dec. 5. Jerry Wright succeeds Lee Frankel at the Salt Lake City-based United Potato.