(Aug. 5, PACKER WEB EXCLUSIVE) The Newark, Del.-based Produce Marketing Association selected its 2008-09 Foodservice Board of Directors at the PMA Foodservice Conference & Exposition, July 25-27, in Monterey, Calif.
Foodservice board chairman David Gill, partner of Gills Onions, King City, Calif., was joined by 16 new directors.
“These leaders will help us develop and expand on our programming to increase the use of produce in foodservice, to benefit consumers, operators and the produce industry alike,” said PMA President Bryan Silbermann in a news release.
Board members include:
- Mark Austin, vice president of Hardie’s Fruit & Vegetable Co. LP, Dallas, Texas;
- Bob Bossong, south east regional vice president of sales for UniPro Foodservice Inc., Roswell, Ga.;
- Jerry T. Cerand, senior manager of Avendra LLC, Rockville, Md.;
- Greg Drescher, senior director of strategic initiatives for The Culinary Institute of America, Saint Helena, Calif.;
- Amy Gates, vice president of administration and finance for Frontera Produce Ltd., Edinburg, Texas;
- Joseph J. Giannetti, vice president of franchise services for Saladworks LLC, Conshohocken, Pa.;
- Jorge Hernandez, vice president of food safety and quality assurance for U.S. Foodservice, Rosemont, Ill.;
- Tate Mathison, foodservice team leader, Stemilt Growers Inc., Wenatchee, Wash.;
- Bart Minor, chief executive officer and president for the Mushroom Council, San Jose, Calif.;
- Lynne Moorman, commodities purchasing manager for El Pollo Loco, Costa Mesa, Calif.;
- Gina Nucci, director of foodservice marketing for Mann Packing Co. Inc., Salinas, Calif.;
- Ken Roth, president of Roth Produce Co., Columbus, Ohio;
- Ken Silveira, owner of Inspired Foods LLC, Carmel, Calif.;
- Dexter Tompkins, director of supply management for Sodexo, Gaithersburg, Md.;
- David Werner, director of produce and dairy and director of sales development for Ben E. Keith Co., Forth Worth, Texas; and
- Marc Zammit, vice president of corporate sustainability initiatives for Compass Group Co., Palo Alto, Calif.