SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY DISTRICT, CALIF. — Shipments (0-0-1) — Movement expected to increase seasonally. Light harvesting has begun in the district. Most shippers expected to begin harvesting on or around the first of May. The crop is early this year and is expected to be lighter than normal with good quality. The f.o.b. was expected to begin on or around May 5. FIRST REPORT.
Apricots — F.o.b.s as of April 28
- Ag labor not part of Obama's immigration plan
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Thanksgiving Twitter party for Produce Mom
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Wiggle room needed on sourcing GMO fruits and vegetables
- Ports negotiations slow down through Thanksgiving