CHILE — Imports (5-2-0) — Imports via boat. Movement expected to remain about the same as June 10-23. Port of entry: Los Angeles area. Trading moderate. Prices slightly higher. Cartons one-layer shinko 10-18s $11-13, 20s $10-12. Quality good. Port of entry: Philadelphia. Trading moderate. Prices 20s lower, others unchanged. Cartons one-layer shinko 10-14s $10-12, 16s $9-11, 18s $8-10, 20s $6-8. Quality good.
Asian pears — F.o.b.s as of June 24
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Nogales veteran Alberto Maldonado dies
- UPDATED: FDA to establish new food safety program
- UPDATED: Florida citrus leader Richard Kinney remembered
- Asian food safety officials react to Bidart Bros. apple recall