CHILE — Imports (0-1-3) — Imports via boat. Movement expected to increase. Port of entry: Philadelphia. Trading moderate. Prices cartons one-layer hosui 8-12s $14-15, 14s $13.50-14.50, 16s $13-14, 18s $12-12.50, 20s $10.50, 22s $9.50; shinseiki 8-10s $14-15, 12-14s $13.50-14.50, 16s $13-14. Cartons two-layer hosui 44s $17. Quality good. FIRST REPORT.
Asian pears — F.o.b.s as of March 31
- New melon varieties boast sweetness, firm flesh
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- UPDATED: Sun World names new CEO, details strategy
- Organically Grown joins fair trade group
- Chiquita’s moving costs could top $40 million; new board in place
- Global Organic Specialty hires salesman