CHILE — Imports (0-1-3) — Imports via boat. Movement expected to increase. Port of entry: Philadelphia. Trading moderate. Prices cartons one-layer hosui 8-12s $14-15, 14s $13.50-14.50, 16s $13-14, 18s $12-12.50, 20s $10.50, 22s $9.50; shinseiki 8-10s $14-15, 12-14s $13.50-14.50, 16s $13-14. Cartons two-layer hosui 44s $17. Quality good. FIRST REPORT.
Asian pears — F.o.b.s as of March 31
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Huron lettuce growers mull fall water supply
- Guess who’s not hating on GMOs — you’ll be surprised