CHILE — Imports (3-2-1) — Imports via boat. Movement expected to remain about the same. Port of entry: Philadelphia. Trading moderate. Prices lower. Cartons one-layer hosui 8-14s $13-14, 16s $12.50-13.50, 18s $11.50-12.50, 20s $9.50-10.50, 22s $8.50-9.50; shinseiki 8-10s $13-14, 12-14s $12.50-13.50, 16s $11.50-12.50. Cartons two-layer hosui 44s $15. Quality good.
Asian pears — F.o.b.s as of April 14
- USDA proposes access for Chinese apples
- Let’s ride ‘No GMO’ all the way to tropical paradise
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- UPDATED: California crop losses could surpass $800 million
- Wind storms to affect banana supplies