CHILE — Imports (3-2-1) — Imports via boat. Movement expected to remain about the same. Port of entry: Philadelphia. Trading moderate. Prices lower. Cartons one-layer hosui 8-14s $13-14, 16s $12.50-13.50, 18s $11.50-12.50, 20s $9.50-10.50, 22s $8.50-9.50; shinseiki 8-10s $13-14, 12-14s $12.50-13.50, 16s $11.50-12.50. Cartons two-layer hosui 44s $15. Quality good.
Asian pears — F.o.b.s as of April 14
- Ag labor not part of Obama's immigration plan
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Produce execution plagues Wal-Mart
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Wiggle room needed on sourcing GMO fruits and vegetables
- Thanksgiving Twitter party for Produce Mom