CENTRAL AMERICA IMPORTS — Imports (96*-95*-62) — Imports via boat from Guatemala. Movement expected to increase. Port of entry: South Florida. Trading moderate. Prices 6s and 12s higher; 9s generally unchanged. Half cartons 9s mostly $8-8.95, 12s mostly $12.95-13.95. Oversized ½ cartons 6s (5s) mostly $7.95, 9s (6s) $8.95-9.95. Port of entry: Southern California. Trading moderate. Half cartons 9s mostly $10.95-11.95. Oversized ½ cartons 9s (6s) $10.95-11.95. Quality variable. *revised.
Market Scope - Cantaloupes— F.o.b.s as of Dec. 9
- Ag labor not part of Obama's immigration plan
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Produce execution plagues Wal-Mart
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Wiggle room needed on sourcing GMO fruits and vegetables
- Thanksgiving Twitter party for Produce Mom