CENTRAL AMERICA IMPORTS — Imports (96*-95*-62) — Imports via boat from Guatemala. Movement expected to increase. Port of entry: South Florida. Trading moderate. Prices 6s and 12s higher; 9s generally unchanged. Half cartons 9s mostly $8-8.95, 12s mostly $12.95-13.95. Oversized ½ cartons 6s (5s) mostly $7.95, 9s (6s) $8.95-9.95. Port of entry: Southern California. Trading moderate. Half cartons 9s mostly $10.95-11.95. Oversized ½ cartons 9s (6s) $10.95-11.95. Quality variable. *revised.
Market Scope - Cantaloupes— F.o.b.s as of Dec. 9
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- UPDATED: Mexico signs food safety statement with U.S.
- Texas shipper indicted for fraud, money laundering
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- UPDATED: Martori perfects its hot wash system for cantaloupes
- Sage Fruit, Spider-Man join forces