CENTRAL AMERICA IMPORTS — Imports (98*-105*-58) — Imports via boat from Guatemala. Movement expected to increase. Port of entry: South Florida. Trading moderate. Prices 12s and 6s higher; 9s lower. Half cartons 9s mostly $10.95, 12s mostly $13.95-14.95. Oversized ½ cartons 6s (5s) mostly $10.95, 9s (6s) $8.50-10. Port of entry: Southern California. Trading moderate. Prices higher. Half cartons 9s mostly $11.95. Oversized ½ cartons 9s (6s) $11.95.Quality variable. *revised.
Cantaloupe — F.o.b.s as of Dec. 23
- Let’s ride ‘No GMO’ all the way to tropical paradise
- USDA proposes access for Chinese apples
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- Urban Produce opens growing facility
- Organic industry raising money to fight citrus greening