CENTRAL AMERICA IMPORTS — Imports (67*-68*-34) — Imports via boat from Guatemala. Movement expected to increase. Port of entry: South Florida. Trading active. Prices 9s higher; 12s and 6s lower. Half cartons 9s mostly $13-14.95, 12s mostly $12.75-13.95. Oversized ½ cartons 6s (5s) $9-10.95, 9s (6s) mostly $13-14.95. Port of entry: Southern California. Trading active. Prices higher. Half cartons 9s mostly $14.95. Oversized ½ cartons 9s (6s) $14.95. Quality variable. *revised.
Cantaloupes — F.o.b.s as of Dec. 30
- New melon varieties boast sweetness, firm flesh
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- UPDATED: Sun World names new CEO, details strategy
- Organically Grown joins fair trade group
- Chiquita’s moving costs could top $40 million; new board in place
- Tomato growers launch Handy Candy grape tomatoes