CENTRAL AMERICA IMPORTS — Imports (67*-68*-34) — Imports via boat from Guatemala. Movement expected to increase. Port of entry: South Florida. Trading active. Prices 9s higher; 12s and 6s lower. Half cartons 9s mostly $13-14.95, 12s mostly $12.75-13.95. Oversized ½ cartons 6s (5s) $9-10.95, 9s (6s) mostly $13-14.95. Port of entry: Southern California. Trading active. Prices higher. Half cartons 9s mostly $14.95. Oversized ½ cartons 9s (6s) $14.95. Quality variable. *revised.
Cantaloupes — F.o.b.s as of Dec. 30
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- Mexico signs food safety statement with U.S.
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- Sage Fruit, Spider-Man join forces
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- Organic industry raising money to fight citrus greening