CENTRAL AMERICA IMPORTS — Imports (68-68*-0) — Imports via boat from Guatemala. Movement expected to decrease. Port of entry: South Florida. Trading active. Prices higher. Half cartons 9s mostly $13.95-14.95, 12s mostly $13.95-14.95. Oversized ½ cartons 6s (5s) $10.90, 9s (6s) mostly $13.95-14.95. Port of entry: Southern California. Trading active. Prices higher. Half cartons 9s mostly $16.95. Oversized ½ cartons 9s (6s) $16.95. Quality variable. *revised.
Cantaloupe — F.o.b.s as of Jan. 6
- Let’s ride ‘No GMO’ all the way to tropical paradise
- USDA proposes access for Chinese apples
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- Wind storms to affect banana supplies
- UPDATED: California crop losses could surpass $800 million