CENTRAL AMERICA IMPORTS — Imports (81*-51*-35) — Imports via boat from Guatemala and Honduras. Movement expected to decrease slightly. Port of entry: South Florida. Supplies light. Trading very active. Prices higher. Half cartons 9s and 12s mostly $15.95-16.95. Oversized ½ cartons 6s (5s) supplies in too few hands to establish a market. Port of entry: Southern California. Trading active. Prices higher. Half cartons 9s open market supply are in too few hands to quote. Oversized ½ cartons 9s (6s) open market supply is in too few hands to quote. Quality variable. *revised.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Pom Wonderful, FTC argue label language in appeals court
- California expects minimal losses despite drought
- Ontario produce marketer closes after 85 years
- UPDATED: Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought
- Salinas Valley back in the black; prices, demand up