CENTRAL AMERICA IMPORTS — Imports (81*-51*-35) — Imports via boat from Guatemala and Honduras. Movement expected to decrease slightly. Port of entry: South Florida. Supplies light. Trading very active. Prices higher. Half cartons 9s and 12s mostly $15.95-16.95. Oversized ½ cartons 6s (5s) supplies in too few hands to establish a market. Port of entry: Southern California. Trading active. Prices higher. Half cartons 9s open market supply are in too few hands to quote. Oversized ½ cartons 9s (6s) open market supply is in too few hands to quote. Quality variable. *revised.
Cantaloupe — F.o.b.s as of Jan. 21
- Revisions to proposed produce rule ease water requirements
- Harvest Sensations expands ready-to-juice line
- Fresh Direct Produce hires new management member
- Court dismisses tomato growers’ case against FDA; appeal planned
- Management moves, additions at Church Brothers
- United Fresh begins work on Fresh Start Foundation