CHILE — Imports — (18*-27*-34) — Imports via boat. Movement expected to remain about the same. Port of entry: Los Angeles. Supply light. Trading slow. Prices for 5-kilogram cartons bagged extra jumbo $30-32, jumbo $28-30, extra-large $26-28, large $20-22, medium $16-18. Quality good. FIRST REPORT. Port of entry: Philadelphia. Trading fairly slow. Prices generally unchanged. 11-pound cartons bagged bing extra jumbo and jumbo $30, extra-large mostly $28, large $21-22, medium $16-18. Quality good. *revised.
Cherries — F.o.b.s as of Jan. 21
- New melon varieties boast sweetness, firm flesh
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Organically Grown joins fair trade group
- Iceberg dips; no relief on $30 romaine
- UPDATED: Florida citrus leader Richard Kinney remembered