SOUTH AND CENTRAL DISTRICT, CALIF. — Shipments fairly light — Movement expected to decrease as more handlers finish marketing the crop. Trading fairly active. Prices generally unchanged. Unofficial prices marsh ruby red 7/10-bushel cartons shippers first grade 27s mostly $14.75-15.80, 32s $13.75-13.80, 36s mostly $10.75-11.30, 40s $10.75-11.30, 48s $9.75-10.30, 56s $9.25-9.80; shippers choice 27-32s $10.75-12.80, 36s $9.75-10.30, 40s $9.25-9.80, 48s $8.75-9.30, 56s $7.75-8.80. Prices from trade sources. No f.o.b. report issued as of Sept. 23.
Grapefruit — F.o.b.s as of Sept. 23
- SunSelect ready to ship first harvest from California greenhouse
- Marketers flash Eat Brighter! momentum
- Nature Fresh Farms adds marketing member
- California Avocado Commission expands focus to sandwiches
- Bolthouse CEO is Produce Marketer of the Year
- FDA seeks to mesh public and private food safety accountability