SOUTH AND CENTRAL DISTRICT, CALIF. — Shipments fairly light — Movement expected to decrease as more handlers finish marketing the crop. Trading fairly active. Prices generally unchanged. Unofficial prices marsh ruby red 7/10-bushel cartons shippers first grade 27s mostly $14.75-15.80, 32s $13.75-13.80, 36s mostly $10.75-11.30, 40s $10.75-11.30, 48s $9.75-10.30, 56s $9.25-9.80; shippers choice 27-32s $10.75-12.80, 36s $9.75-10.30, 40s $9.25-9.80, 48s $8.75-9.30, 56s $7.75-8.80. Prices from trade sources. No f.o.b. report issued as of Sept. 23.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Pom Wonderful, FTC argue label language in appeals court
- California expects minimal losses despite drought
- Ontario produce marketer closes after 85 years
- UPDATED: Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought
- Salinas Valley back in the black; prices, demand up