SOUTH AND CENTRAL DISTRICT, CALIF. — Shipments moderate — Movement expected about the same. Trading active. Prices shippers first grade 140-235s and choice 95-235s slightly higher, others generally unchanged. 7/10-bushel carton shippers first grade 75-115s mostly $31.80-33.90, 140s $29.80-32.90, 165s mostly $28.80-30.90, 200s $24.80-26.90, 235s $18.80-20.90; shippers choice 75s mostly $22.80-23.90, 95s $22.80-25.90, 115s $23.80-25.90, 140s $25.80-27.90, 165s mostly $27.80-29.90, 200s mostly $22.80-24.90, 235s mostly $16.80-18.90; unclassified (standard) 75-95s mostly $19.80-21.90, 115s $19.80-21.90, 140s mostly $21.80-23.90, 165s mostly $22.80-24.90, 200s mostly $16.80-19.90. Organic 7/10-bushel cartons shippers first grade 95-115s $34.80-40.90, 140s mostly $34.80-38.90.
Lemons — F.o.b.s as of March 31
- New melon varieties boast sweetness, firm flesh
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- UPDATED: Sun World names new CEO, details strategy
- Organically Grown joins fair trade group
- Chiquita’s moving costs could top $40 million; new board in place
- Tomato growers launch Handy Candy grape tomatoes