ECUADOR AND PERU — Imports (77-33-37) — Imports via boat. Movement expected remain about the same. Port of entry: South Florida. Trading moderate. Prices slightly lower. Flat one-layer kent 7-9s mostly $6-6.50, 10-12s $5-6. Port of entry: Philadelphia. Supply fairly light. Trading 9s fairly active, others fairly active at slightly lower prices. Price 9s generally unchanged, others slightly lower. Flat one-layer kent 7-9s mostly $6.50-7. Port of entry: Southern California. Trading fairly active. Prices higher. Flat one-layer kent 7-9s mostly $7, 10s mostly $6.50-7. Quality good.
Mangoes — F.o.b.s as of Jan. 27
- New melon varieties boast sweetness, firm flesh
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- UPDATED: Sun World names new CEO, details strategy
- Organically Grown joins fair trade group
- Chiquita’s moving costs could top $40 million; new board in place
- Tomato growers launch Handy Candy grape tomatoes