ECUADOR AND PERU — Imports (77-33-37) — Imports via boat. Movement expected remain about the same. Port of entry: South Florida. Trading moderate. Prices slightly lower. Flat one-layer kent 7-9s mostly $6-6.50, 10-12s $5-6. Port of entry: Philadelphia. Supply fairly light. Trading 9s fairly active, others fairly active at slightly lower prices. Price 9s generally unchanged, others slightly lower. Flat one-layer kent 7-9s mostly $6.50-7. Port of entry: Southern California. Trading fairly active. Prices higher. Flat one-layer kent 7-9s mostly $7, 10s mostly $6.50-7. Quality good.
Mangoes — F.o.b.s as of Jan. 27
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Del Monte testing genetically modified pineapple
- Tomra Sorting reports robust sales for year’s first half
- Brokers play vital role in produce transportation
- Chinese expected to remove ban on certain U.S. apples
- Pomegranate aril business can be lucrative