IMPERIAL AND PALO VERDE VALLEYS, CALIF., AND CENTRAL AND WESTERN ARIZONA — Shipments (CA 19-18-19, AZ 19-17-20) — Movement expected to decrease in Imperial Valley and western Arizona, and remain about the same in all other areas. Trading active at lower prices. Prices lower. Unofficial prices 2/3 cartons 5-6s crenshaw and casaba $8.95-12.95, galia and santa claus $8.45-9.45, juan canary and orange-flesh $8.45-9.45, one-label $12.95, sharyln $12.95. Quality generally good. Prices from trade sources. No f.o.b. report expected to be issued as supplies are mixed and in few hands.
Melons — F.o.b.s as of June 10
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- The Fresh Market joins Coalition of Immokalee Workers
- Doing what I say might be easier with food coach
- Indian River shipper not packing this season
- Sun World names new CEO, details strategy