SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY, CALIF. — Shipments (204-197-118) — Movement expected to decrease seasonally. Trading early fairly active, late active. Prices generally unchanged. 2/3 cartons 5s mostly $5, 6s mostly $5.50- $6, 8s mostly $5.50. Quality generally good.
Honeydews — F.o.b.s as of Sept. 9
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Local and organic meant little to these consumers