CHILE — Imports (17-14*-34) — Imports by boat. Movement expected to decrease. Port of entry: Los Angeles. Trading fairly slow. Prices lower. Cartons two-layer tray pack various yellow-flesh varieties 40-42s mostly $26-28. Quality good. Port of entry: Philadelphia. Trading moderate. Prices unchanged. Carton two-layer tray pack various yellow-flesh varieties 40-42s mostly $26-28, 48-54s $24-26, 56s $22-24. 9-kilogram containers loose various yellow-flesh varieties 64s $24-26. Quality good. *revised.
Peaches — F.o.b.s as of Feb. 18
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Huron lettuce growers mull fall water supply
- Guess who’s not hating on GMOs — you’ll be surprised