YAKIMA VALLEY AND WENATCHEE DISTRICT, WASH. — 2012 crop shipments (135-203-210, includes exports 37-66-69) — Movement expected about the same. Trading active. Prices generally unchanged. 4/5-bushel cartons wrapped U.S. 1 anjou 70-100s $24-26; 110-120s $24; 135s $22-24; 150s $22. Bosc (standard russet) 70-90s $22-24; 100-110s $20-22; 120s $18. Quality generally good.
Pears — F.o.b.s as of Jan. 22
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Huron lettuce growers mull fall water supply
- Guess who’s not hating on GMOs — you’ll be surprised