CHILE — Imports (24-25-9) — Imports via boat. Movement expected to decrease. Port of entry: Los Angeles. Trading moderate. Prices unchanged. Carton two-layer tray pack angeleno 30s $24-26, 40-44s $22-24, 48-50s $20-22; larry anne 30s $22-24, 40-44s $20-22, 48-50s $18-20. Quality good. Port of entry: Philadelphia. Trading moderate. Prices generally unchanged. Carton two-layer tray pack angeleno 50s $24-26; friar 40s mostly $26, 50s $24-26, 60s $20-22; larry anne 40s $22-24, 50s $20-22, 60s $18-20. 9-kilogram containers loose angeleno 60s $22-24, 70s $20-22. Quality good.
Plums — F.o.b.s as of April 14
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Del Monte testing genetically modified pineapple
- Tomra Sorting reports robust sales for year’s first half
- Brokers play vital role in produce transportation
- Chinese expected to remove ban on certain U.S. apples
- Pomegranate aril business can be lucrative