CHILE — Imports (25-9-9) — Imports via boat. Movement expected to decrease as shipping season concludes. Port of entry: Los Angeles. Trading moderate. Prices unchanged. Carton two-layer tray pack angeleno 30s $24-26, 40-44s $22-24, 48-50s $20-22; larry anne 30s $22-24, 40-44s $20-22, 48-50s $18-20. Quality good. Port of entry: Philadelphia. Trading moderate. Prices generally unchanged. Carton two-layer tray pack angeleno 50s $24-26; friar 40s mostly $26, 50s $24-26, 60s $20-22; larry anne 40s $22-24, 50s $20-22, 60s $18-20. 9-kilogram containers loose angeleno 60s $22-24, 70s $20-22. Quality good.
Plums — F.o.b.s as of April 21
- California Avocado Commission expands focus to sandwiches
- Bolthouse CEO is Produce Marketer of the Year
- FDA seeks to mesh public and private food safety accountability
- Mighties brand kiwis join Sun Pacific's Cuties
- Spezzano receives 2014 Robert L. Carey Leadership Award
- Vidalia onion growers sell operations to billionaire Bill Gates