SOUTH AND CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AND MEXICO CROSSINGS THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND SAN LUIS, ARIZ. — Shipments (CA 34-34-29, MX 3-2-2) — Movement expected to increase slightly in preparation for increased retail demand for Easter. Trading moderate. Prices 12s and 18s higher, others generally unchanged. Cartons globe thorned green 12s mostly $10.25-12.75, 18s mostly $10.75-15.55, 24s mostly $10.55-12.85, 30s mostly $10.55-12.75, 36s mostly $10.75-10.95. Quality variable. Most present shipments from prior bookings and/or previous commitments.
Artichokes — F.o.b.s as of April 7
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- Organic industry raising money to fight citrus greening
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- Sage Fruit, Spider-Man join forces
- Produce: The envy of the other departments