SOUTH AND CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AND MEXICO CROSSINGS THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND SAN LUIS, ARIZ. — Shipments (CA 34-34-29, MX 3-2-2) — Movement expected to increase slightly in preparation for increased retail demand for Easter. Trading moderate. Prices 12s and 18s higher, others generally unchanged. Cartons globe thorned green 12s mostly $10.25-12.75, 18s mostly $10.75-15.55, 24s mostly $10.55-12.85, 30s mostly $10.55-12.75, 36s mostly $10.75-10.95. Quality variable. Most present shipments from prior bookings and/or previous commitments.
Artichokes — F.o.b.s as of April 7
- Let’s ride ‘No GMO’ all the way to tropical paradise
- USDA proposes access for Chinese apples
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- Sysco’s purchase of U.S. Foods stirs anti-trust talk
- UPDATED: California crop losses could surpass $800 million