SOUTH AND CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AND MEXICO CROSSINGS THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND SAN LUIS, ARIZ. — Shipments (CA 34-34-29, MX 3-2-2) — Movement expected to increase slightly in preparation for increased retail demand for Easter. Trading moderate. Prices 12s and 18s higher, others generally unchanged. Cartons globe thorned green 12s mostly $10.25-12.75, 18s mostly $10.75-15.55, 24s mostly $10.55-12.85, 30s mostly $10.55-12.75, 36s mostly $10.75-10.95. Quality variable. Most present shipments from prior bookings and/or previous commitments.
Artichokes — F.o.b.s as of April 7
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- USDA clarifies use of ‘organic’ in brand, company names
- Guess who’s not hating on GMOs — you’ll be surprised