SOUTH AND CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AND MEXICO CROSSINGS THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND SAN LUIS, ARIZ. — Shipments (CA 34-29-31, MX 2-2-2) — Movement expected to decrease slightly in California and remain about the same from Mexico. Trading early moderate, late active. Prices 12-24s much higher, others generally unchanged. Cartons globe thorned green 12s mostly $14.55-14.95, 18s mostly $14.55-17.61, 24s mostly $14.55-18.75, 30s mostly $10.55-12.95, 36s mostly $10.75-10.95. Quality variable. Most present shipments from prior bookings and/or previous commitments.
Artichokes — F.o.b.s as of April 14
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration
- Local and organic meant little to these consumers
- Rene Produce named Mexico’s exporter of the year