IMPERIAL, COACHELLA AND PALO VERDE VALLEYS, CALIF., CENTRAL AND WESTERN ARIZONA AND MEXICO CROSSINGS THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND SAN LUIS, ARIZ. — Crossings (MX 8-8-8, shipments AZ 5-2-9, CA 1-1-2) — Movement expected about the same. Trading early fairly slow, late moderate. Prices crates lower, cartons generally unchanged. Bok choy WGA crates mostly $16.45-18.50, 30-pound cartons mostly $10.35-12.50. Quality generally good.
Asian vegetables — F.o.b.s as of Feb. 24
- New melon varieties boast sweetness, firm flesh
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- UPDATED: Sun World names new CEO, details strategy
- Organically Grown joins fair trade group
- Chiquita’s moving costs could top $40 million; new board in place
- Tomato growers launch Handy Candy grape tomatoes