IMPERIAL, COACHELLA AND PALO VERDE VALLEYS, CALIF., CENTRAL AND WESTERN ARIZONA AND MEXICO CROSSINGS THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND SAN LUIS, ARIZ. — Crossings (MX 8-8-8, shipments AZ 5-2-9, CA 1-1-2) — Movement expected about the same. Trading early fairly slow, late moderate. Prices crates lower, cartons generally unchanged. Bok choy WGA crates mostly $16.45-18.50, 30-pound cartons mostly $10.35-12.50. Quality generally good.
Asian vegetables — F.o.b.s as of Feb. 24
- Ag labor not part of Obama's immigration plan
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Produce execution plagues Wal-Mart
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Wiggle room needed on sourcing GMO fruits and vegetables
- Thanksgiving Twitter party for Produce Mom