PERU — Imports (34-37*-32) — Imports via air and boat. Movement expected to remain about the same. Port of entry: South Florida. Trading active for limited supply. 11-pound cartons bunched green jumbo and extra-large mostly $26-27, large and standard mostly $25-26, small mostly $18-19. Quality generally good. *revised.
Asparagus — F.o.b.s as of Dec. 23
- New melon varieties boast sweetness, firm flesh
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- UPDATED: Sun World names new CEO, details strategy
- Organically Grown joins fair trade group
- Chiquita’s moving costs could top $40 million; new board in place
- Tomato growers launch Handy Candy grape tomatoes