CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AND MEXICO CROSSINGS THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA — Crossings (5-4-3, shipments CA 4-4-6) — Movement expected to increase seasonally in California and decrease seasonally from Mexico. Trading moderate. Prices slightly lower. 25-pound cartons mostly $26.95-28.85. Quality variable.
Brussels sprouts — F.o.b.s as of July 30
- Ag labor not part of Obama's immigration plan
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Thanksgiving Twitter party for Produce Mom
- Wiggle room needed on sourcing GMO fruits and vegetables
- Ports negotiations slow down through Thanksgiving